why Korean Fashion is a Hit


For those who look at it from the outside, fashion week may seem like one big dressing-up party where celebrities and tastemakers cavort about and soak up each other’s public attention for days on end.
Sure, this may be how some people (albeit a distinct minority) experience it, but recent years have amalgamated a uniform consensus among industry veterans that fashion week and all of its antics have become tiresome and uninspiring – at least within major fashion capitals such as Paris, New York, London and Milan.
But as Westerners become increasingly jaded about the whole affair, those in the East are jovially celebrating the new-found prosperity of their local fashion scenes.

What’s your involvement in Seoul’s fashion industry?

Jung Ku-ho
I organise the whole fashion week and choose which designers get to enter; I’m also responsible for sorting out everything for Generation Next.
Monica Kim
I have been coming to Seoul to cover its fashion week for exactly two years now. While there, I do show reviews, style news, profiles, photoshoots and features for Vogue.com and Vogue Runway. I do offer a lot of feedback to local designers, editors, model agents and stylists that I’ve become friends with. It goes both ways – it’s nice for me to hear how Koreans perceive their own fashion scene, and they like to know how we see it from the outside.
Sev Halit
It’s the fourth time I have been lucky enough to attend Seoul Fashion Week and it’s definitely one of my favourite places to pick up new brands for Selfridges. We recently launched a project called “Seoul 10” highlighting the 10 hottest brands in Seoul – right now that includes D-Antidote, Blindness and Push Button, just to name a few!
ParHwan-sung
I’m a fashion designer and creative director of a Korean brand called D-Antidote.

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Moroccan Wedding Ceremonies

Blow your mind with Australian First Day of NAIDOC Week